The IDF attacked targets in southern Lebanon with artillery fire on Sunday evening in response to earlier rocket fire from the country on Israeli communities in the western Galilee.
The IDF stated earlier that three rockets were believed to have fallen in open territory in the North. No injuries or damage were reported in the attack.
The army said that it sees "the Lebanese army as responsible for activities in Lebanon and will continue to act against any attempt to harm Israeli sovereignty and the security of its citizens."
The IDF added that, at this point, there was no change in safety instructions for residents of the North.
IDF Spokesman Brig.-Gen. Moti Almoz said on his official Facebook account that the IDF had completed a special security evaluation led by chief of staff Lt.-Gen. Gadi Eisenkot.
"The IDF is ready in the north and on all borders to thwart any possible threat to Israeli residents," Almoz said.
Lebanese media reported that the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine was responsible for Sunday night\’s rocket fire.