Five Palestinians and members of a Hamas cell in Nablus were arrested over the weekend and on Sunday for a shooting attack last Thursday that killed two Israelis, Eitam and Na\’ama Henkin, in front of their four children.
According to the Shin Bet, who announced the arrests Monday evening, the five admitted to the deadly attack during interrogations.
The commander of the group, Ragheb Ahmad Muhammed Alawi (37), was previously a prisoner in Israel. According to the Shin Bet, he recruited the others and gave them weapons to carry out attacks, but was not present during the attack on Thursday.
All five were said to have been involved in other attacks as well.
Another member of the group was arrested Sunday when undercover security forces entered the hospital in Nablus where he was reportedly receiving care. Palestinians uploaded a video to the internet showing the arrest.
The hospital\’s manager, Samir Al Hayat told media outlets that security forces entered the hospital, ascended to the building\’s third floor, and took Karam al-Masri (23).
Hayat mentioned that al-Masri was hospitalized two days prior with a fracture in his arm.
The victims of the attack Thursday were both in their 30s. They were laid to rest Friday morning in an emotional ceremony attented by thousands in Jerusalem\’s Har HaMenuchot cemetary.
A Hamas spokesman initially praised the attack by what he refered to as the "brave resistance," calling the murderous act "heroic," and vowing to continue the struggle against Israel. The organization called for its members to carry out more attacks against Israel.