Inicio NOTICIAS Alleged Tel Aviv bus bomber pleads guilty to placing bomb, but says he didn’t intend to kill anyone

Alleged Tel Aviv bus bomber pleads guilty to placing bomb, but says he didn’t intend to kill anyone

0 Comentario

Itongadol.- The Taibe resident accused of bombing a Tel Aviv bus during Operation Pillar of Defense in November, pleaded guilty to placing an explosive device on the bus on Sunday, but maintained that he had only wanted to hurt people to raise awareness and end the war, not kill anyone.
Muhammad Abed al-Jaffer Nasser Mafarja, an 18-year-old resident of Taiba, is charged with aiding the enemy in a time of war, dozens of counts of attempted murder, conspiracy to commit a crime, causing an explosion, aggravated assault, illegally transporting weapons and giving assistance to an illegal organization. Twenty-six people were injured in the November 21 bus bombing in Tel Aviv, which took place a week after Operation Pillar of Defense began in Gaza.
During his arraignment hearing at the Tel Aviv District Court on Sunday, Mafarja objected to the use of the word "bomb," saying that the device was purposely constructed of lower-grade explosives that could not possibly have killed anyone.
By pleading to the lesser charge, Mafarja could potentially avoid the charge which would carry the longest sentence, attempted murder.
He claimed that he had been on another bus previously, but had decided not to place the explosive device, fearing it was too crowded and people would be killed.
Originally from the West Bank, Mafarja was able to move within the Green Line and acquire Israeli identification documents after a family reunification.
Indictments have been filed against three other suspects prosecutors claimed were part of a “military cell” from the Ramallah area, which they said also plotted to carry out suicide bombings and shooting attacks against politicians and soldiers.
In January, the Military Advocate-General’s Office filed an indictment with the West Bank Military Court of Judea against the alleged mastermind of the bus bombing, Ahmad Salah Ahmad Musa, a 25-year-old resident of Beit Likya.
According to prosecutors, on the morning of the bombing, Mafarja spent a few hours riding around on several different buses in Tel Aviv while carrying the bomb, all while looking for a bus full of passengers.
Eventually, he got on Bus 142 from Ramat Gan to Tel Aviv.
Just before he arrived at a bus stop at the Ramat Gan industrial district, Mafarja activated the bomb and then left it on the third seat on the right side and got off the bus. He called one of his associates immediately afterward and told him that the bomb was in place. Minutes later, the bus arrived near the corner of Shaul Hamelech Boulevard and Henrietta Szold Street, where the bomb was detonated.
Prosecutors said that after Mafarja got off the bus, he took a train from the Savidor Central Train Station back to Modi’in, where he returned his job at the McDonald’s eatery in the Azrieli Mall.
The Shin Bet and police said that several hours after the bombing, they managed to arrest the members of the Beit Likya-based cell.

También te puede interesar

Este sitio utiliza cookies para mejorar la experiencia de usuario. Aceptar Ver más

WhatsApp chat