Inicio NOTICIAS Court extends remand of alleged TA bus bomber

Court extends remand of alleged TA bus bomber

Por
0 Comentario

The Tel Aviv District Court on Monday remanded alleged Tel Aviv bus bomber Muhammad Abed al-Jaffer Nasser Mafarja until the conclusion of legal proceedings against him. Mafarja was indicted for planting an explosive device during Operation Pillar of Defense late last year.
The 18-year-old Taiba resident was charged with aiding the enemy in a time of war, dozens of counts of attempted murder, conspiracy to commit a crime, causing an explosion, aggravated assault, illegally transporting weapons and giving assistance to an illegal organization.
Originally from the West Bank, Mafarja was able to move within the Green Line and acquire Israeli identification documents after a family reunification. Twenty-six people were injured in the November 21 bus bombing in Tel Aviv, which took place a week after Operation Pillar of Defense began in Gaza.
According to prosecutors, on the morning of the bombing, Mafarja spent a few hours riding around on several different buses in Tel Aviv while carrying the bomb, all while looking for a bus full of passengers.
Eventually, he got on Bus 142 from Ramat Gan to Tel Aviv.
Just before he arrived at a bus stop at the Ramat Gan industrial district, Mafarja activated the bomb and then left it on the third seat on the right side and got off the bus. He called Musa immediately afterward and told him that the bomb was in place. Minutes later, the bus arrived near the corner of Shaul Hamelech Boulevard and Henrietta Szold Street, where the bomb was detonated.
Prosecutors said that after Mafarja got off the bus, he took a train from the Savidor Central Train Station back to Modi’in, where he returned his job at the McDonald’s eatery in the Azrieli Mall.

También te puede interesar

Este sitio utiliza cookies para mejorar la experiencia de usuario. Aceptar Ver más

WhatsApp chat