Itongadol.- Friday\’s mortar attack from Gaza was the terrorist organizations\’ answer to the EU High Court of Justice\’s decision last week to take Hamas off the EU\’s list of terrorist organizations, Foreign Minister Avigdor Liberman said Monday.
Liberman: Gaza rockets are response to EU decision to remove Hamas from terror blacklist
Liberman, speaking before a meeting with visiting South Korean Foreign Minister Yun Byung-se, said that South Korea understands better than most Israel\’s challenges and the meaning of having a threatening and menacing neighbor.
“Just last Friday a rocket was fired from Gaza into communities in the south,” Liberman said. “That was the response of the terrorist organizations in Gaza to the court decision in Europe to take Hamas off the terror list. As South Korea knows from its challenges, in the struggle against terrorism it is forbidden to send a message of weakness, and it is forbidden to give any concessions to terrorism.”
Liberman said that this was as true regarding the nuclear armament and threats from North Korea, as it was true of the nuclear march and threats of Iran, and of the rockets from Hamas.
Last week the EU\’s court decided that the evidence it was presented in the early 2002\’s to put Hamas on its terror list did not meet its standards. The upshot of the ruling is that the EU has another three months to present evidence that will meet the court\’s standards. The EU political echelon has made clear it has every intention to do so, and will not remove Hamas from its terror list.